Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Been a long time since I updated the ol' blog, so here's a bit of a round-up of what I have been up to.
- I have two shows opening this week! One is a very funny Writing 6 show I directed Fridays at 7:30pm in the de MAAT at Second City. It's called Ground Control To Planet Keith. You can get info on it by clicking HERE. Chicago Sketchfest starts this week. You can see me in a show I co-wrote, Robot vs. Dinosaur's Pretty From A Distance. It's this coming Saturday at 7pm in the Thrust Theater. One show only. You can get ticket info HERE.
- I just got back from a two-week vacation where my girlfriend and I logged over 3400 miles driving. We visited a lot of family and friends. We went from Chicago to Clarksville, Tennessee to Nashville to Orlando to Lake Worth, Florida to Elkin, North Carolina to Scranton, Pennsylvania to Streetsboro, Ohio to Port Clinton, Ohio back to Chicago. Aside from meeting many great people and reconnecting with family, highlights included spending a day at Disneyworld and park hopping - Disney Hollywood to Epcot to The Magic Kingdom. And while it sucked to have our drive disrupted by snow and ice, we did spend the night in the Presidential Suite of a Holiday Inn Express in Streetsboro, Ohio. It was the first time I got to use my AARP discount! The hot tub in the bedroom was worth the extra dollars. Best night of sleep I had our whole trip. Stopping in Elkin was also an added bonus. We stayed at a friend's mother's house. It was gorgeous. They fed us well, too, and turned us on to a local winery where we bought some Booger Swamp White wine. How could we not buy that? The absolute best thing about the trip, though, is that my girlfriend and I still love each other. In spite of my occassional donning of grumpypants after some long hauls on the road.
- I have another 10-Minute Play class starting this Saturday at 1pm at The Second City Training Center. There are still a few slots left. You can get more info by clicking HERE.
- I have been busy writing a one-act play for a cool WNEP project that will be in the spring and the wheels are turning for another 365 Sketches/50 Plays type of event for June.
- With all the writing projects I have, I just don't update this ol' blog as much anymore. For more consistent info from me, follow me on Twitter and Instagram, joejanes1065, or subscribe to my Facebook page.
- Happy New Year. May it be full of health, happiness and all kinds of blow jobs - emotional and physical.