Saturday, May 26, 2007

Saturday Morning Cartoons!

I'm off to Ohio today to spend time with my mother and older brother. And, of course, to enjoy the Walleye Festival. I envision a nightmare Body Snatchers- type scenario where I will be watching the Walleye Queen crowned and someone will point and screech "vegan!" at me.

Julie and I will stop in Michigan City on the way back to have sushi with her parents and grandmother. I'm not sure what this has to do with Memorial Day, unless it's to honor the fallen Japanese soldiers. You know, just to be nice.

Bite and Smile will return on Tuesday!

Until then, here's the Saturday Morning Cartoon!!!

I remember watching cartoons when guys like Barnaby and Captain Penny hosted local kids shows. Oh, sure, in retrospect they look like top-of-the-line child molesters. When I was pre-school, they were the coolest guys around. And no one knew pre-school hip like me. They were both out of Cleveland, so, I only got to watch them when the weather gods and the TV antennae all got along. These shows would often feature cartoons from the 1940's.

Here's one of my favorites...


2 comments:

Lori said...

Dag!
I'm missing the Walleye Festival, Again. (My mom calls it the Walleyed Festival, all the time, accidentally.)
I'm also missing my family's annual Memorial Day Dip in Lake Erie. Ah, well.

Thank you for the Little Lulu. I can only remember some of the lyrics to the theme song. It was good to get a refresher. I never noticed the Zulu line before.

The most important thing I learned from Captain Penny - which, I'm sure is the most important thing everyone else learned from Captain Penny:
You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool Mom.

Crustodio said...

You can't fool mom! Thanks, Joe. If only you had thrown Super Host and The Ghoul into the mix, this would have been the ultimate Ohio flashback.