Sunday, May 17, 2009

Week 17, Day 118 - "A Kiss Anyway"

(This was posted after midnight Saturday)

“A Kiss Anyway”

Written by Joe Janes
5/16/09
118 of 365

CAST:
Gary, 30s
Ruth, 30s

(Lights up on Gary walking Ruth home after a first date.)

RUTH
Oh, here I am. Home, sweet, home.

GARY
Well, there you go. I had a great time, Ruth.

RUTH
Me, too, Gary.

(Gary leans in to kiss her.)

RUTH (continuing)
Oh.

(She receives his kiss. Although the intention is romantic, the kiss itself is brief. More than a peck, but no tongue! Gary moves his head back to where it was pre-kiss. They look at each other for a moment. Gary looks quizzical. Ruth is politely smiling.)

GARY
I’m going to do that, again, if you don’t mind.

RUTH
Okay.

(They kiss. Slightly longer than last time. They finish pretty much the same, with Ruth politely smiling.)

GARY
I feel like we just shook hands, but with our lips.

RUTH
We did.

GARY
We did?

RUTH
That was my “you seem like a nice guy, but I’m not interested” kiss.

GARY
Oh. So, you don’t want to go out, again?

(Ruth leans in to kiss him.)

GARY (continuing)
I can take a hint, Ruth. Goodnight.

(Blackout)

No comments: